camber roller necessary for LV honing jig?
If I'm putting a slight camber on a smoother or try plane, do I need the camber roller that is an accessory for the Veritas MK II honing jig? Or can I do it with the straight roller just by putting more pressure on the corners? Anybody have experience with this jig?
How much camber is "slight"? If you are just wanting enough camber to eliminate the blade tracks, then all you need is additional pressure on each side when honing. No camber roller necessary.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
If I want to establish a bit more camber I'll run a 1 cm wide strip of black electrical tape around the middle of the straight roller. This provides a bit of rocker.
JimBelair said:

If I want to establish a bit more camber I'll run a 1 cm wide strip of black electrical tape around the middle of the straight roller. This provides a bit of rocker.

Richard Leon had a YouTube video of just that solution, but I could not find it this morning.

He did however, have a nice review of the narrow blade head for the MkII jig.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNYzfX1zK-4
Ag