stinkbug stains on brand new millwork
Building a house and we have a problem with stinkbugs. Just had CVG fir millwork installed everywhere. Are intending to have a clear finish.

The stinkbugs are pooping (or whatever) on the sills, leaving dark splotches. We covered the sills, so hopefully we won't have new cases, but what can we do for the existing stains?

Just sand a bunch? Any ideas for cleaning/removing/bleaching the stain out?

Sanding will remove the flatness. I would try some wood bleach from a paint or hardware store. Test on a piece of wood to get the minimal amount of chemical needed to do the job and keep it local to the stain. I love my CVG Douglas fir millwork.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I think I'd start with warmish/hot water and a scotchbrite scrubby. Then maybe a little 180 grit. Or you could take a few gentle swipes with a scraper of your choice. If it were me, I'd grab my BenchKrafted scraper and make quick work of them if I had more then a handful. I find myself using the BenchKrafted scraper for many different uses. It's an awesome shop tool.

Personally, I'd be very careful with bleach if you're going with a clear finish.

I've had to deal with stinkbugs too. I see some people suggesting scotchbrite?

??? That makes no sense to me. Maybe if you plan on refinishing everything.

The rule of thumb in removing stains it to use the mildest approach first.

I'd try warm soapy water.

If that doesn't work, I'd try "bug remover" used to remove bugs from bumpers. It won't hurt the finish.

If that doesn't work, I'd try turpentine. Turpentine is not petroleum based and it shouldn't harm the finish either. It tends to cut natural problems like tree sap, chewing gum and bugs better then just about anything. But I'd still try it on an inconspicuous area first.

Worst case, if nothing else works. I'd wet-sand with 1500 or even 2000 grit. Use a flat, somewhat soft sanding block like one of those big pink erasers or you will sand a grove in the finish. You should be able to buff out 2000 grit scratches with rubbing compound and a micro fiber cloth. You won't be able to hand buff out scotchbrite scratches.