Windsor Beader
I never knew anything like this existed. The asking price is way to high for it to be a user. Too bad. I'd love to give it a try.

" />
This one has a high gizmosity factor, but if you want to try a beader, there are lots available from a variety of vendors, Lee Valley for example. Vintage Stanley 66 beaders are also not hard to come by. Or you could make your own with blade blanks from Ron Hock and file the profile you want.
Phil S. said:

This one has a high gizmosity factor, but if you want to try a beader, there are lots available from a variety of vendors, Lee Valley for example. Vintage Stanley 66 beaders are also not hard to come by. Or you could make your own with blade blanks from Ron Hock and file the profile you want.

Yep. Know that. Scratch stocks, too. It would simply be fun to see how well this gizmo does its intended job.
I have one of those. I think it is called a type 1. It is pretty limited in its scope and the type 2 is more versatile. I suppose the T1's are pretty rare.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Mark A Smith said:

[blockquote]Phil S. said:

Yep. Know that. Scratch stocks, too. It would simply be fun to see how well this gizmo does its intended job.

[/blockquote]

I own a Stanley 66, the Lee Valley Beading Plane, and am currently running a video series on using and making scratch stocks. on my website.

They all work very well. The scratch stock or beading plane, is a very simple concept that is easy to master.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.