Cast iron pin holes
How do I patch a couple of pin holes in some cast iron sewer lines??? Is there a cement I could use or do I really have to use one of those rubber things and do they come so that you can split them and wrap a pipe??? What are those rubber things called???
John T.
Ferncos.
Fernco sells this

https://www.fernco.com/plumbing/pow-r-repair/pow-r-wrap

I've seen similar products at Lowes. I don't know how well they work.
Can you replace the leaking section of pipe? Cut each end square. A piece of plastic pipe and a couple of Ferncos and it's done.

Twinn
Will post for food.
Best solution replace with pvc pipe. Cast gets holes like you have found and it catches everything inside and plugs up as well as rusting internally. (I don't like cast iron drain pipe at all)

Repair solution use a pipe patch kit. Not sure where to get them now but it's basically a piece of rubber and a hose clamp. You can do the same with a cut up fernco.
Hate to you that if you patch a few holes more will appear later on. Like others said - if you can cut out as much as you can and replace with PVC. That would be the longest lasting repair. If you still want to use a patch then get some plumbers epoxy putty. Clean the area the best you can with power wire brush and clean with alcohol. I have used the putty and it works well.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Start flushing hair down the pipe. It sure clogs every dang pipe around here and these pipes are much larger than pin holes.
Patch and plan on replacing soon or just replace it now. i prefer cast over plastic myself in fact when I replaced the lines in my house i put back cast as the previous cast had lasted over 100 years
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Looks like i have to call a plumber in. Could not find the leaks and it looks like I will be opening walls. I am just trying to patch the holes so I can sell the house. I will let the new home owners worry about it. When it rains it pours.
John T.
I have to ask are you sure you are dealing with cast and not galvanized ? I have had galvanized pin hole on my more than a few times. Usually the connection to the cast. I had redone a entire kitchen turned on the new faucet and had the horizontal in the wall leak along the entire length. Resulted in pulling all the base cabs and removing all the drywall; Had the same thing happen in another place about a year after new kitchen. Now I just tear everything out to the studs and replace it all before hanging new cabs and the rest
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.