Not a lathe but? I wanted one.
This was a gift from my wife and hopefully will be the last band saw I need as it was quite a job getting it into the basement workshop. This is a no frills model no brake etc few of Rikon's other 18" saws would have worked due to height limitations. Very good fit and finish.
Should make cutting up bowl blanks and future re sawing duties easier than with my delta 14" which I'm keeping for the lighter duty tasks.
Very smooth running sounds more like a table saw very little effort to set up.
I'll need to order some good blades to see the saws real capability. 2hp 13" re saw capacity.
Congrats on the new BS, not to even mention the fact that it was a gift from the wife!!! You have a keeper there!!
Congrats, you definitely have a keeper in your wife. Now just leave pics of lathes laying around the house.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Looks great. I got some ties for my birthday.
Nice looking bandsaw. It is great having a great wife no matter if she buys you tools or allows you to buy tools or takes good care of you day after day.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Awesome! Someday, I'll upgrade from my Jet 14" to an 18". In the meantime, I'm content with what I have. Isn't it nice having a wife who wants to make her hubby happy?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
She's a keeper! You're going to like 2 bandsaws.
Referencing the thread title, sure it's not a lathe but it IS a lathe accessory so it counts.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Sweet band saw.It is great having a wife that understands the need and want of new tools.
Well shama lamma ding dong to you too......
Thanks for all the comments and yes she's a keeper. Hopefully I'll get some added shop time soon been busy doing honey do list stuff for most of last year so got this nice reward.