Gas Dryers
Ater having only electrics for 46 years, we moved to a house that had an older LP gas dryer. My wife says it's much better than electric.
I had electric dryers for 25 years. We bought a new gas dryer when we moved to this house. I'll never go back to electric.
They take forever to dry & always break down at the worst moment.
We have NG, so it's way cheaper to run a gas dryer than an electric one.
If your workshop shares space with or is closely connected to the main house, whenever you use an oil based finish ... when you dry your laundry in a gas dryer the clothes come out smelling something like kerosene.
Ask me how I know?

We used to have a gas dryer and had to ... coordinate things.
So when that thing finally wore out from drying laundry for a large family we got an electric dryer and haven't gone back.
Ray
Natural Gas out here is way cheaper than electricity. All new homes come with NG already plumbed in the laundry room. Other than heat source, I can't see a difference.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Gas dryers are IMHO clearly better. Proper venting is more critical, but it is almost always cheaper to create heat with gas than with electricity. That's the case with hor water as well