First time Lie-Nielsen hand tool event in Little Rock Arkansas
Woodworkers Association of Arkansas is hosting the event at ULAR applied arts bldg. at University Plaza Suite 300, 5820 Asher Ave., Little Rock AR 72204
This is the first time a Lie-Nielsen hand tool event has been held in Arkansas . Hope to see you there.
the date is April 1 and 2 starting at 10 am both days and ending at 6pm on the first and ending at 5pm on the 2nd.
Welcome to the forum. I won't be around for this but I wish I was. I'll let the guys know Saturday at our pen turning meeting. I know there are couple of guys who do woodworking besides pen turning.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
Sounds like it's in the parking lot of Harbor Freight on the corner of Asher and University? Nice neighborhood....hang onto your wallet, especially if you go into H. Freight(I caught the fool that tried grabbing mine)

Hope there is goodly amounts of security at the event?

Scott (too gimpy to run after them now...I got good aim though) B
I do have unlisted larger stock not listed on the website. We are always making new blanks, you should stop and take a look!
slabsblanksandboards
Thanks dlgWoodWork . I appreciate you spreading the word. the event is held in the University of Arkansas Little Rock Applied Arts building thanks again
Great event. I attended the one outside Cincinnati a few weeks back. Great turnout. Left the event with a smaller bank account!
Society of Period Furniture Makers

www.sapfm.org
At the Chicago LN event yesterday there was a compact version of the Schwarz tool chest on display. It had just one layer of compartments and a tray above that (that was mia). I was about 10" deep. Sorry no photos. Basically shallow "Anarchist's" tool chest.
Mike Brady said:

At the Chicago LN event yesterday there was a compact version of the Schwarz tool chest on display. It had just one layer of compartments and a tray above that (that was mia). I was about 10" deep. Sorry no photos. Basically shallow "Anarchist's" tool chest.

I think that's the one Deneb built with the idea that it could hold and show-off the Lie-Nielsen "core tools" kit. The tray wasn't yet completed when they were in KC in January.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
That seems about right, Rob. I'm curious whether they brought tools to sell at your event? In prior years they brought a selection of tools to sell. This time they had just DVDs, hats/t-,shirts, calendars. It seems like I generally bought something, not that I'm impulsive or anything .
Mike Brady said:

That seems about right, Rob. I'm curious whether they brought tools to sell at your event? In prior years they brought a selection of tools to sell. This time they had just DVDs, hats/t-,shirts, calendars. It seems like I generally bought something, not that I'm impulsive or anything .

Full range. About 4 tons in two crates, give or take. Probably you couldn't buy anything because we bought them all.

However this last January, there was a small snafu with the trucking company and so stuff didn't arrive until the morning of the show when normally it arrives a week before. Bit of a panic. The Thursday evening before the show, they have always made a presentation to the KCWG membership. But this time they didn't have their stuff. So I got a frantic phone call about 3pm from one of the LN crew asking if I could wrangle a few items. We got sufficient things together so they could demo their new sharpening jig and a few other odds and ends.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Rob Young said:

[blockquote]Mike Brady said:

I think that's the one Deneb built with the idea that it could hold and show-off the Lie-Nielsen "core tools" kit. The tray wasn't yet completed when they were in KC in January.

[/blockquote]

I'd love to see some pics of this chest.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite