Getting new bandsaw - Grizzly? What do you all think?
iclark said:

If you do turning then a 6" throat is way too limiting for prepping bowls.

What depth do you cut? You can do >6" depth on a 6.25 by undercutting with the chainsaw and rounding with a circle guide. Assuming you're not making a cylinder, you have enough capacity for a LOT of turning.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
By the time you add the riser blocks and the resaw fence to go with it, you’re pushing up close to the $800 range, close to the price of some of the G0513s, which have the resaw capability built in, extra power and 17” size. If you have the space for it, I’d opt for one of those. Someone else already said bigger is better, other things being equal.

I didn’t have the space and accessibility for a 17” bandsaw, and so bought the G0457 14” saw with 10” resaw capability and 2 HP motor. It works well, has been reliable and more than meets my needs. I like the cabinet base for storing extra blades. I'm happy with a Grizzly bandsaw.
I have a G0555x with riser. If I had the space, I'd much rather have a larger saw (which wouldn't have cost much more). One thing you gain in going with a larger saw is a lower table height, which I find to be more ergonomic.
I'll echo what others have said, if you're thinking resaw and getting a riser, think about holding off, saving a bit more dough and going larger. I have a Delta 14" and was doing to get a riser and an upgraded motor, but went larger instead. Still have the Delta too. My 19" saw is a Griz, and I'm very pleased with it, best bang for the buck for me.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Harthag said:

I have a G0555x with riser. If I had the space, I'd much rather have a larger saw (which wouldn't have cost much more). One thing you gain in going with a larger saw is a lower table height, which I find to be more ergonomic.

That is something that seems to be ignored but it matters to me, too. I replaced the factory base on my saw with a lower base i built myself and lowered the table several inches. If I build another I'll make the bandsaw table the same height as my table saw table.
I've got a Jet 14" that looks like your grizzly. It's always been inadequate in my shop and I hate it. I hope to someday replace it with a 17" saw with more capacity that can also handle resawing.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I have the G055ANV, with Riser kit. I got the riser when I bought the saw. I like this saw, I do quite a bit of resawing I've done up to 8" so far with no problem. I got it on sale and with the riser kit, I spent about $700. If I had a bigger shop i'd have gotten a bigger saw, but it does everything I need. Also if you get the riser kit keep in mind the height of the shop. My basement has low ceilings (I think 7') and the saw not much lower than that with the stand.
I was in the same position a few years ago. I chose the Grizzly G0513P (polar bear 17 inch saw) and am so glad I did. It has plenty of power for resawing and easily passes the nickel test.

If I had it to do over, I'd still get the G0513 but if finances allowed, I might get the version that has cast iron wheels and the high resaw fence as standard equipment.

Mike