RustHunting - Week of 3/20/16 - LOTS of pics! Neat stuff.
Well, I was invited into an estate sale a few days prior to its official opening and lucked out with a few items in return for helping to ID some antiques.

Here's what I was able to bring home with me;

Remember that skewed Panel raiser plane with the 4" wide blade that I picked up last weekend? Well, this time I found its little brother. It has a 3" wide skewed blade. Thanks to you guys here, I ID'd it right off the bat. Add another hash mark to the hundreds of times that I've learned something here from the fine folks at WN.

Below it is a great little 7/8 wide shoulder plane. Works great and I size I didn't already have.

Some fantastic gouges, from 1" - 1 1/4". Already spoken for

Stanley #8 jointer, Stanley Bedrock 605 roundside, and a Stanley #4 smoother. Also, a wire gauge (?), and hole cutter that is sharp as hell and in better condition than I've ever found before.

Next is my favorite find of the day, maybe of the year. I have a few board feet sticks, but none by this manufacturer!!

LUFKIN!!!

It has quite a neat foot on the end that serves as a stand and also as the hook for when using it. Brass, it appears.

The rest of the weekend was taken up watching my soccer star son playing in a tournament. It was about 30 degrees outside with sustained 15mph winds. He was in shorts, but my beautiful wife wanted a bit more protection from the elements. Kids did fantastic, as always, winning yet another title. MRL Premiere Midwest Regional League, here we come.

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
You are a lucky, lucky man my friend.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Yeah, I have my days.

You, among others here (Jonathan in AK, Admiral, LilRichard, Steve, and a couple others still have me beat handily. I bow to the Masters.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Very , and a nice find. I feel for your poor Wife brrrrrr that's cold. Congratulations to your Son's game and title.

Steve