Home Security Cameras
OK this is something I would like to install. (This will be a temp setup) I want 4 cameras set up around the house. Wide angle lens with distance up to 50 feet. There is low light situation at night so thinking I would need infrared cameras. They will be plugged into a recorder. The tricky part is they will be installed indoors shooting through a window. Heard that these cameras may have a hard time with this but also heard the opposite too so I really am not sure. I want the cameras to be weather tight because they will eventually be used on another house and installed outdoors.

Anyone with knowledge in this area can give me some ideas and places where to get them. Have looked at some ratings but they are all over the place. No smart phone so that is not a priority. Motion detection would be OK.

Thanks
John T.
I didn't have much luck with my cameras looking through the window at night when their IR lights came on.

If you have lighting outside so that the IR lights don't have to come on, then they work ok.

during the day they usually worked good, though occasionally I'd get a reflection on the glass that made it hard to see when the sun was in just the right position.

Now that I have them mounted outside, they work way better.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark