Stanley 45 Combination Plane
It appears that the demand is outpacing the supply of these planes in the Columbus area. I'm considering placing one or more on Columbus C/L.

http://www.auctionohio.net/cgi-bin/mnlis...aohio51/72

r2
I saw a similarly priced one locally a while back. It was missing over half the plating and had a single iron.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

I wonder what one would cost if it was in like new condition?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I did notice at the MWTCA meet this year that there were no $20 Stanley 45s, as there usually are.
Arlin Eastman said:

I wonder what one would cost if it was in like new condition?

Arlin

I saw one at the flea market some time back that was in near perfect condition. It had all the accessories including the screwdriver AND the highly coveted but never actually used slitter knife!

The guy wanted about $120 for it. I told him I would have bought it if I didn't already have a complete one myself.

Carl
Did complete mean the H&R's and Nosing tool as well?
theoldfart said:

Did complete mean the H&R's and Nosing tool as well?

Technically, they were not included with the 'standard' 45 as sold by Stanley; they were sold separately.

See here, at catalog pages 102-105 (page 64 of the pdf):

http://www.blackburntools.com/articles/r...-no-34.pdf
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Sometimes you need to take those auction results with a grain a salt. I went to an estate auction last summer where I found out that a bunch of the deceased family members were there. They were all bidding against each other to win the items that their grand parents owned raising the prices to obscene levels.
mvflaim said:

Sometimes you need to take those auction results with a grain a salt. I went to an estate auction last summer where I found out that a bunch of the deceased family members were there. They were all bidding against each other to win the items that their grand parents owned raising the prices to obscene levels.

That's kind of sad; family stuff should be distributed within the family, outside money considerations. Just my two cents. But not all families seem to be able to find harmonious ways to do that.
Bill_Houghton said:

[blockquote]mvflaim said:

That's kind of sad; family stuff should be distributed within the family, outside money considerations. Just my two cents. But not all families seem to be able to find harmonious ways to do that.

[/blockquote]

I've seen that also, so I took the initiative to ask my children what they wanted that was mine, then I give the items to them. This way, I have the joy of seeing them using the items.

That worked so well that I had my grandchildren choose what they wanted from my possessions, and I gave what they asked also. Gotta tell you, it's a moving experience to see grown grandchildren cry with joy over receiving something personally from their grandparents.

r2