Red Oak Help.
After sanding some Red Oak to 220 grit, the grain looks great. Moister content 6%, after I apply Min Wax golden oak oil base stain the grain is turning black. What can I do to stop this. Help Me Please.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
I don't know if this will help but try the same thing on some scrap that you sand only to 150 grit. If that doesn't help then you need to switch to someone else's stain.

John
I've had that happen. When it is fresh just grab a lint-free rag and rub like crazy to get the stain out of the grain pores.

I guess I would use some alcohol to try to do the same after it has dried.

You have to rub hard to get into the grain pores.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Oh yeah, another option would be to use a grain filler before the stain. That will keep the stain from getting into the pores.

John
Thanks to all of you for the replies. John the grain filler worked great, I used timber mate. Thanks again to all the fine people on this site.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Glad that worked for you. TimberMate is pretty versatile stuff. I like it a lot.

John