Kitchen Sink Faucet Repair (Pictures)
Hello All,

We have two kitchen faucets. We use one for the main sink and a second one for a smaller sink. Both faucets are made by the same manufacturer but I cannot remember who the manufacturer was and I cannot find the receipt.

The main faucet has come loose and upon inspection, it is pretty obvious why. The piece that fastens the faucet to the cabinet surface has rusted and broken apart. I am posting pictures from the main faucet with the broken part and the second sink so you can see what the fastening part looks like when it is not rusted and broken.

It is probably easier to show you the fastener for the second sink so you can see what the part is supposed to look like.

Second Sink Fastener

As you can see from the picture, the fastner is U-Shaped. This one looks brand new.

Main Faucet Fastener

The fastener in this picture is rusted and broken. The red arrow points to an arm (that is what I am calling it) that is broken and the green arrow points to an arm that is broken but rusted. You can see that there was an arm at one point by looking at the rust stain.

At the point where the black hose meets the surface is where the nut is that you would tighten to create pressure between the bracket\fastener and the bottom of our cabinet surface.

Questions

Anyone have any idea what type of faucet this is?
Any idea on where I could get a new fastener\bracket? Home Depot did not have anything.
Is there another part that I could use to fasten the faucet to the kitchen counter top?
Any other ideas or suggestions?

I am trying to avoid buying a whole new kitchen faucet if that is possible.

Thanks, Bill
The U Shaped Bracket is similar to this:

Youtube
I've made a few with a small piece of steel plate, a drill and a grinder. The fact you have a good one for a pattern should make it fairly easy.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

If you showed the top end of the faucet it might be easier to identify

In any case you have to address the seal on top that is leaking and caused that to rust out
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-RP52609-Talb...+mounting+parts
Looks a lot like this if you call Delta they will more than likely
mail you one for nothing
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

It appears that Delta should replace the whole faucet as it obviously leaked, causing the rust, and the mounting parts to fail. Send them the pics.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Thank you all for the information.

Here are pictures of the faucet.

Mel,

Thanks. I don't think it is a Delta. I was searching the web after I posted this message last night and I think it is an Artisan Faucet. I sent them an email asking them to confirm if it is theirs and if they have the part.

I have never heard of Artisian. I would have preferred a Moen or Delta but my wife bought it.

The other thing that makes this difficult is the proximity of the sink to the location where the mounting bracket sits. I am not sure if you can see from the picture but the installer had to force the bracket into position and it looks like he had to force the arm that broke in between the sink (farmhouse, under mount) and the counter-top.
Quote:

In any case you have to address the seal on top that is leaking and caused that to rust out

Bob,

You are right. I had to replace the sprayer because that started to leak. The more I think about it, I should probably just replace the whole thing. I have not looked at the faucet that closely but it must have been leaking.

I will see if Artisan replies to the email I sent them last night. We did not register the faucet for warranty purposes. They offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner and I have no way of proving that I am the original owner.

If we have to replace the faucet, I am going with Moen or Delta.

Thanks, Bill
spammer reported...
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry