Finishing the Front and Back
Very nice piece indeed! I can't believe this is the first I'm seeing of this project. So the drawers do progressively get wider towards the bottom, but do they progressively get shallower from top to bottom, too?

I really do like those pulls. Do they have a name?
atgcpaul said:

Very nice piece indeed! I can't believe this is the first I'm seeing of this project. So the drawers do progressively get wider towards the bottom, but do they progressively get shallower from top to bottom, too?

I really do like those pulls. Do they have a name?

The carcase curves on both sides. The drawers fit into the curves. The drawers are also graduated - become deeper and wider down from the top.

There is a record of the build here (scroll down to Lingerie Chest): http://www.inthewoodshop.com/Furniture/index.html

I found the handles on eBay ... cheap as chips! But the shipping was 60 times as much: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231374385093

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Many thanks to all for your kind words. I do hope that there is something of value for you from these posts, and that it's a two-way street: I certainly get encouragement from all, and I hope that you get some information you can use.

More to come ...

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com

In an earlier post I expressed concern that the handles might 'make or break' this project. I looked at the photos yesterday and gave it a little time until I decided if they work or not.

Those handles are an excellent choice. I'm happy you found them.

Thanks for sharing the build.
So what does your bride think of it?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Outstanding work Derek. Exceptional wood matching.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Inspirational
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

As I have said many times, I love the looks of that wood even though you say it is not the best.

Everything you have made with that wood, tools, furniture is dynamite.

Steve
Thanks again guys.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Mastery!
Enjoy the moment - then let us know what is next! Hard to imagine topping this.
that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you...
1 Thessalonians 4:11

my blog - thechristiantoolcabinet.wordpress.com