Pennsylvania Saw Works
#79. That's the etch on the saw that came with a Stanley 115 mitre box. Anyone heard of this outfit. It appears to be a match to the box in all aspects it was free, required little cleaning, cuts well and is square. It will find a home I suppose
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

I bought a new Pennsylvania Saw Corporation No. 78 in 1976 for $4.50 and I still use it. I put an 18th century style handle on mine. The most important thing about a saw is how well it is sharpened.

The company operated in York, Pa in the mid 20th century and was bought out by Stanley. You will find information if you google "Pennsylvania saw corporation" in quotes.
The sticker on it was $3.50 and marked down to $3.27. . The handle could definitely use some work but not sure I'll do it or leave that to the next owner.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.