LV Modified plow plane
I haven't seen anyone else post after receiving their modified plow (maybe I missed it), so I thought I'd make a quick comment.

I received mine back today (and actually received my new set of beading blades awhile ago, sooner than I thought they'd be available). I expected to see some kind of evidence of the process - a stray mark from the mill, a cut with a bit of chatter, some mismatched black paint or an obvious paint touch-up - something. No, the plane looks exactly as it would if it had come with the modification originally - perfect in every way.

As impressive as that (maybe even more so) was the process LV worked out to make this happen. From a customized box with anti-rust bags for all the parts to crystal-clear instructions to be sure everything got done right the first time with no lost or extra parts for them, or us.

This was even more impressive than what we've come to expect from LV IMO. Well done Rob, and the whole staff.
Mike

Funny on occasion, embarrassing on average.
I haven't gotten mine back yet, but I'm sure it will be as flawless as yours (as it was before I sent it back.) Rob & his staff deserve a huge round of kudos for an extremely well thought out process.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I got mine this week. Just as you said, it looks like it was designed that way from the start. Only problem I had was there is one part retained from the original body that is replaced on the new one. I kept trying to figure out how to attach the old part. Took awhile before I figured out it's been replaced and already installed on the modified body. The part is an oblong black piece that screws onto the body with an Allen head screw and it has a wavy washer underneath it. The depth stop shaft is clamped in place using that part.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Got mine, and posted that it cut beads beautifully. Worked pine, walnut and oak with no problem. Of course, it does take a bit of read to get absolute shining beads. You'll want to avoid cutting into rising grain, same as always.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
DITTO what Mike said about the PROCESS. It was flawless. I got mine back a couple weeks ago (posted on another WW forum) and found it to be as described. I, too, got my blades when I got the shipping box for sending my plane body back for re-tooling.
The beading blades really round out the functions for my PPlane. I got the wide blade conversion when I bought the plane and, now, the beading blades really enhance the tongue & groove joints! I made a dedicated box for my PPlane when I first got it but the plane has been on my bench, just too much fun to put away, since I got the new blades.
Really appreciating Rob & the gang at LV!!
Thanks,
Don
Well, I'm not sending mine back because I don't like beads. One day I may have the only unmodified original and it will be worth a mint!

Yeah right - it will be from the "undesirable" phase like round side Bedrocks!
that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you...
1 Thessalonians 4:11

my blog - thechristiantoolcabinet.wordpress.com