Fencing - Double Gate On An Incline
I'm running about 35' of fence between my garage and the corner of a shed. I want to keep the dogs in the back yard. They can't (or won't) go behind the shed, there's a radio fence back there. The ground slopes at a pretty good rate between the garage and the shed. I was thinking about a double gate but don't know about it being on the incline. The only way I see it working is if the uphill half of the gate is offset higher, and I think that would look dumb. Although if the rest of the panels are hung level but stepped down the slope, that would match. The other issue would be the downhill half would have to be hung high enough on the post to allow the gate to close. So, any suggestions? Do I even need a double gate? I only have to get my riding mower back there on a regular basis, everything else I could clear a lot of the brush away and take big equipment around the back of the shed. I also wanted a way to have a lock on one half of the gate that pushes a pin or something down into the ground. I was thinking of pouring concrete ther but I imagine a hole in it would get filled in with dirt, etc.
One piece rolling gate would be my choice. As in rolls along the fence not hinged.
Can't you just add more invisible fence?
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
I thought about that but I wanted the physical separation and I was concerned about re-training.
http://www.grantsautomation.com.au/index.php?page=22
Thanks. I'm thinking of the middle option.

As to a rolling gate, this is a wood picket fence. I'm not seeing a sliding gate kit for a wooden gate.
crokett™ said:

Thanks. I'm thinking of the middle option.

You could make the middle option a trackless bi-fold gate. Hinge the two halves together in the middle and swing both sections to the right (low side of driveway).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...89dfc3.jpg

Regrade locally and get a flat spot for the gate to swing within. How hard would that be? How wide is the gate and what tools do you have.

Good excuse for a new tool. I recommend a Deere.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I was trying to avoid a regrade. I'm planning on 2 4' gates that swing into the fenced area. Among other things I've got conduit for the invisible fence running about parallel to the new fenc3. I actually moved the fence about 16" from where I really wanted it to keep the fence posts well away from the conduit. The conduit is buried inside the fenced area. The outside will eventually be raised up with gravel for a driveway/parking area, so I don't want the gates swinging out. The grade flattens out somewhat near the lower end of the fence so I may see about putting the gates there.
I moved the location of the gate to a spot where the grade flattens out a bit. Next I figured out on the low side how low that side needed to be and leveled a panel. Then I marked the posts on both sides, and cut the bottoms of the pickets off on the high side to follow the slope down. Finally I cut the panel in half and installed all the gate hardware. There's a sliding bolt on the inside and the effect from the outside is it looks like a solid panel that steps down in line with the rest of the fence. That's the effect I was looking for.