An Odd CHisel
My fleamarket finds today included an odd chisel. A picture is worth a thousand words but with my computer skills, a thousand words. It's a well made 3/8" bevel edge chisel, 8 3/4" long. Here's the interesting thing, the steel goes through the 7/8" round handle. the wood side scales are held on with a couple of 3/8" steel bands. There is no trace of a stamp. I have seen one like that in my web wanderings but I can't remember where. Age is taking it's toll.
A man of foolish pursuits
I had one, like you described, a few years ago - sold it to Gregory of Sherwood Forest. Maybe he'll chime in here and post a picture.

r2
THis one??

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Exactly. Have you any idea who made them and when ?
No idea. It is only marked GERMANY. Nothing else. I've seen another in about 5mm size, but the owner wouldn't sell it and had no more information than I.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Looks like an iron maiden Everlasting.
Thanks. That's a lot more information than I had before. Though it is 3/8" and not 10mm, the wood is beech, more likely, a European made. An interesting chisel.

For the $3,I also picked up a Swedish 1 1/2" Kronan socket bench chisel without a handle,a find, and a rusty Japanese made 1 1/4 Fuller #60 clone butt chisel. These Fullers work well on the camper where there may be an odd staple.

Thanks again, finding the history makes the rusthunt much more interesting.