Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw
Any one have one and what do you all think of grizzly tools I'm just starting to out fit my shop
I bought the equivalent almost 2 years ago 8" HH, with parallelogram beds. Love it. Since I have gone with them for a DC unit, and some air handlers, very happy with what I have purchased, and all aspects of sales, and service. Looking to get a 15" HH planer in the not too distant future.

There are some reviews online, and for the most part the word here is very positive.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I can say only two things. (1) I love my G0490. (2) I wish I had purchased the G0490X with the spiral insert head.

The jury may still be out on the new assembly plant (hence the W on the end of the model number).
Thank you
I've had one for about a year. Very happy with its performance. You'll want a helper to lift the jointer bed out of the wooden shipping box and onto the cabinet.
Bob DeViney said:

I've had one for about a year. Very happy with its performance. You'll want a helper to lift the jointer bed out of the wooden shipping box and onto the cabinet.

Just one helper? I guess I had the wrong helpers.
I bought a 2HP DC and a 6" parallelogram jointer---LOVE them!
Purchased an 8" jointer a few year's ago from grizz, a fabulous machine and probably the most used equipment in my workshop. Because I live only 15 minutes from a Grizz warehouse, I have found myself there often. Always friendly and courteous and the best customer service. Of course, as always, a good attitude will get you positive feedback and help. Recommended.
Oh, one other thing, Papa Griz is a WoodNet member.
The VA bought me the 6" model with the Spiral Cutterhead. If I was to get another one it would be the same one you are talking about since it also has Parallelogram Beds.

The only thing better is a bigger model with the same features.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.