HGTV "Love it or List it" gets sued
Apparently the show requires that home owners to post the money in an account to be spent on the home improvements. But the producers used some of the money in those accounts to cover production costs and then hired substandard contractors to do the work on the cheap.

Also the stars of the show, the real estate agent and the designer just make cameo appearances and don't do any of the real work.

In other words, the show is a hoax.

I would have thought that the producers were pitching in some cash in the process not the other way around.

Read: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/...-list/83272894/
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
So you're saying that reality TV isn't real?
brnhornt said:

We all knew it was not real. But I thought it would be more real than professional wrestling.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Cooler said:

[blockquote]brnhornt said:

We all knew it was not real. But I thought it would be more real than professional wrestling.

[/blockquote]

Good point...that actually made me LOL...
so if they show isn't pitching in any money, why in the world would anyone want to be on the show?

well I guess other than 15 minutes of fame.

I've always thought TOS got a lot of the contractors/materials used on the show for free or a significantly reduced price.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I assumed that too...
The older I get the more I realize everything is fake, false, untrue, a lie!

I think it all started decades ago when I found out "Capt. Kirk" wasn't really a Captain.

Say it isn't soooooooo
John T.
Lets not talk about col. sanders.....

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I had no idea how they worked the dollars on those shows. But I didn't think about it enough to even want to google it.

Those shows tend to portray the homeowners as whining idiots. And they get to pay for the portrayal. Gee...maybe they are whining idiots.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")