Shop Fox mobile base casters - have an extra?
I have a Shop Fox Heavy Duty mobile base. Several years ago, all of the wheels started falling apart. I took one off to see about getting some replacement wheels and have since lost track of it. I'd like to get this up and running and from what I read, these have special bolt hole patterns, so they aren't easily replaceable. I have an email into Grizzly, but thought I'd ask here, too. Anyone have an extra single caster from a SF base that they'd be willing to sell?

Also interested if you have part numbers, etc, for some quality replacement wheels. If not, I was just planning to go to HF and get some but would be more than happy to just order online if I knew exactly what fit.
What are the wheels made of? I think they updated the heavy duty mobile base and the one I got a couple of months ago has cast iron wheels. I have 750 pounds on it and it works well.
When my wheels broke down I replaced them with wheels from Woodcraft casters of the same size.
These mobile bases are probably 7-8 years old and had plastic wheels. We do have a woodcraft local, so that's an option. I just hope grizzly will sell a single caster or someone here has an extra.
PM me, I might have a couple you can have for free.
The rubber tires on mine fell off too. Until I find replacements that are worth the cost it's under the bench in pieces.

The bolt pattern is standard but the caster angle is shorter than most.
This looks like a good solution if you end up replacing all four casters. Is this the mobile base you have?

http://forums.finewoodworking.com/fine-w...le-bases-0
yeah, that looks like the same. I will say, if I have to go to all that trouble to make another bracket, that thing will go in the trash and I'll just buy the HTC base.

alnandy, thanks for the offer. Grizzly replied to me and the casters for the base are on Amazon for $8.00, prime shipping. I'm just going to order one and then see about replacing all of the casters.

"The swivel casters are D4173 and the fixed casters are D4174."
All of my urethane casters have fallen apart. I think the Houston heat killed them. I've decided to replace them with cheap rubber Harbor Freight units.
Jim
Houston, TX
OdyClub said:

All of my urethane casters have fallen apart. I think the Houston heat killed them. I've decided to replace them with cheap rubber Harbor Freight units.

Sadly the most reliable casters I have had are the ones I take off the harborfreight moving doilies. I had some nice pricey hospital grade ones that just fell apart due to the heat here.