What's Your Go To Clearcoat Spray Finish?
I'm building 2 large cabinets for a church. Red oak with pecan color stain. A cabinet company that I used to work for used conversion varnish. What's your best clear coat spray finish and where do you buy it?

Eddie
Define best.

John
I really like Sherwin Williams Dull-Rubbed Lacquer. The medium-rubbed is also nice, but I like the dull-rubbed look.

Like John asked, what are you looking for in the finish? That could certainly help determine what the "best" might be. But it usually comes down to personal preference.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
GF conversion varnish is great but youul need to mix it really well. Follow the instructions exactly!! I also like Crystalac poly ox and GF Arm R Seal or high performance. None are inexpensive but they are all great.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I used lacquer on my kitchen cabinets and I don't like it. It doesn't look good. The cabinet company I used to work for lived by conversion varnish.
I need something that I can out on these cabinets that will be used in a church. They're going to store kitchen and dining room stuff in them.

Eddie
Get GF conversion varnish from homestead, great stuff but spray only. ENDURO WATER BASED Clear Poly. Makesure to mix the catalyst really well. You will likely need to order from homesteadfinishingproducts.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes