Sharpening mavens-- was this a find?

In the same lot as the Radi-Plane (see other thread) was this item labelled as a deburring block, made by DoAll in Chicago. DoAll makes machinists reference tools such as gauge blocks. From what I can determine, these are used to remove burrs and perfect a metal surface without removing metal. It appears to be a very finely ground granite. I noted that one of these sold on the "bay" for $60, with 30 bidders. It's only 2 x 3.5 inches. Is this the ultimate natural honing stone?
They also make machine tools. They are famous for their metal working bandsaws.
A man of foolish pursuits
It is actually a lapping stone for gauge blocks,if you drop one or damage a surface that prevents you from "wringing" the blocks together you lap the blocks to remove the damage
What about this stone would cause over 30 bidders to drive the price to $60. on the auction site? Are they not made anymore? DoAll is still in business. They must be a Starrett level of quality.
Machinists have stones like this to flatten the bottom of vices, or machine tables, or a workpiece that is going on the grinder. A little ding on the edge or mounting surface of something will add significant inaccuracy.

I work with a company that makes a similar product. Last I checked, they were $300-ish. They come in pairs though, so the surfaces of the stones can be flattened. Nobody uses them to waller out anything, so they just need to be rung out before each use. I'm a little surprised that the Doall stones don't come in pairs, although machinist flattening stones come individually.