Milk Paint Reference?
So I consider my experiment with home made milk paint last year a success.

I am going to be making a few pieces in the near future and will try something new with milk paint. I have some unflavored casein protein powder and will try that instead of separating milk. My goal is to make some ready to mix milk paints. I think I can figure out the ratios based on the recipe I used last year. I would also like to try making oil based paints to try on furniture.

I seem to recall seeing a book on old time furniture finishes, but can find it. Anyone know of references for making milk paints and oil paints for furniture?
Stephen Shepard had a book out but since his stroke, I don't think anybody is maintaining his on-line store.

My Google-fu is failing me but "receipt" instead of "recipe" is an archaic way of describing formulas. On some hard drive somewhere I have a couple of books downloaded from archive.org on various finishing methods and receipts for mixing.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Rob Young said:

Stephen Shepard had a book out but since his stroke, I don't think anybody is maintaining his on-line store.

Thanks, I think one of his books was what I was thinking about. Going to see if I can find a copy somewhere.

Not sure if it discusses milk paint but will help with other finishes I want to try.
Scoony said:

[blockquote]Rob Young said:

Thanks, I think one of his books was what I was thinking about. Going to see if I can find a copy somewhere.

Not sure if it discusses milk paint but will help with other finishes I want to try.

[/blockquote]

https://archive.org/details/henleystwentieth00hiscrich

This is one of the documents I was trying to remember. There is a recent 360woodworking article that links to it and reminded me.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin