2MT 3 jaw chuck?
Anyone know where to get one?
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Rockler carries them. And I'm sure you can get them from woodturnerscatalog.com.
Thanks, I'll look at Woodturners catalog. I forgot to mention that I need it to hold rods up to 3" in diameter.

<edit> I just checked Rockler and WoodturnersCatalog.com and didn't see a 3 jaw chuck at either site.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Why do you need a 3-jaw chuck? I've never seen a 3-jaw chuck of that capacity on anything. Get a good four jaw chuck - Vicmark for example - and a steady rest if you need it.
looks like the 3" capacity might be the tricky part, but here's one:

http://www.amazon.com/HHIP-3900-4706-Sha...B01ADBIFF2
Greg

Are you meaning a chuck to fit threads or goes into the hole of the headstock?

There is an adapter that will go into the hole and has threads on the end.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
3-jaw chucks are generally intended for metal-working lathes. Something with 3" capacity is going to be a monster!
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
A 4” D. E. Whiton fills the bill. Pictured with a small Vicmarc. Even has the MT 2 you mentioned. I use it all the time. Unfortunately this one was last manufactured in 1895 and I made the MT 2 adapter. They do appear on eBay at times for ridiculous prices.

Larry

Thanks guys, but I found one that'll work. PSI also carries one that barely has sufficient capacity for a good price. It isn't MT2, but it does have 1x8 threads and I have that adapter.

I'm making dozens of wooden 'tokens' in the shape of a 3-leaf clover with a bullseye-type logo turned into the face and then painted multiple colors in concentric circles, hence the 3 jaw requirement and the need to be able to re-chuck, remove, recheck, remove, etc... I've used lots of other methods, but the self centering 3 jaw chuck is BY FAR the fastest solution. I've been doing this operation on my metal lathe, but I'm tired of cleaning off the sawdust from the ways.

Thanks for all the suggestions for other ways to get the job done, but sometimes it's just better to have a tool that is best suited for the task.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Greg

I sure would love to see what you are making.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.