I need a ripsaw.
Pax or Lynx?
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
Diston and a saw file.
Pedder said:

Diston and a saw file.

+1

But, you can't be all wrong with either of your suggestions.... Two Lawyers supply the backsaw market. Currently.
hbmcc said:

Two Lawyers supply the backsaw market.

Uuuuh Klaus, I forgot the back:

Cheers
Pedder
The Best Things have them with snazzier Walnut handles; Pax makes a nice saw, taper ground too,

http://www.thebestthings.com/newtools/flinn.htm

if you're buying new; but Pedder is right, a vintage Disston and a saw file if you're so inclined; rip is more than a bit easier to file for newbies as you are dealing with 90 deg. fleam, only have to get the rake right. Plus, eventually, you'll have to sharpen even a new saw.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Post a WTB on Swap-N-Sell. Someone will fix you up for substantially less than a new Pax or Lynx, and you'll get a better saw for it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Pedder said:

Pedder

To be honest Pedder, I forgot it as well

Klaus
KlausK. said:

[blockquote]Pedder said:

Pedder

To be honest Pedder, I forgot it as well

Klaus

[/blockquote]

Oh, darn!

Get a Two Lawyers!
MSRiverdog said:

Pax or Lynx?

Before I was distracted by Diston, you might like the following for an informing read..... http://www.popularwoodworking.com/articl...d-sawmaker
Thanks folks. I needed it right now so I went to Woodcraft and bought a Jap Razorsaw, did the job and I do like pull saws. I am leaning toward getting the the Lynx in the future. Maybe I should look more seriously into the riser block for my Delta some day.
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708