it's always something, LOML liked my idea of removing the chimney
I think that means we really should re-side the house with more insulation. I have no idea who to hire to do this.

We want to go to mini-split heat/AC, partially redo the kitchen, and do some other small things. Does it make sense to have one contractor do it all at the same time? The flooring we want to replace would also repair where the chimney is coming out.

I hate to have contractors in, it's just a pain. But it's too much work for me, and LOML doesn't trust me to get it done anyway
When you act as the general contractor (manage the various parts separately yourself) It can be a pain to keep everything flowing smoothly....you may also save some money, and it may allow you to do some of the small stuff yourself. I did that when we re did our kitchen a few years ago, and I probably won't do it again. There's pros and cons to both approaches, and you need to select which you feel suits you, but if I do anything like that again, I'll stick to one guy and let him have the headaches.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
that's the way I'm looking at it,but also, I'm not sure the jobs are related enough that anyone around here would really want to do it. I guess I'll just have to look around. I'm thinking about trying to get a guy I know do some consulting/design work and possibly have his company do the work. But they are a little remote from here, unfortunately.
Check with your utility company if you have one.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bob10 said:

Check with your utility company if you have one.

Huh. What does that have to do with anything. Or was your post cross posted from another thread. ( has happened to me a few times)
Many have programs with regard to insulation and info if not rebates and financing. As for removing the chimney depending on his skill set and free time it is pretty straight forward. Air chisel is a controlled slow method, sledge is quicker but not for everyone
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.