Where to buy metal duct
There was a place recommended around here a while back to buy metal ductwork from. It wasn't Oneida or Penn State. I seem to recall it was a place out of Minnesota or New York maybe? Does anybody know what I'm talking about, or have another recommendation?

I was just going to go with 6" PVC until I saw the price of the fittings! Boy it's a helluva jump from the 4" to the 6" stuff!

Thanks!
-Marc

PVC comes in two styles -- schedule 40 for pressure and "S&D" for drain pipe.

S&D is thinner and cheaper
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Was it Spiral Manufacturing? They are in Minneapolis.
Yeah 6" pipe isn't bad but the fittings have nearly doubled in price the last 2 years. I priced S&D but it's not any cheaper than school 40 and it's not as easy to get.
You can get by with just using couplings and making your own wyes. There is a Web page that prints out the templates but I can't remember what it is.

I also remember the other pipe place and had the link but can't find it. You can also check local duct manufacturers like M&M as they can make anything you need any length and may be cheaper.
Could it have been Kencraft?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yes I think that was it. Thanks for all the help!
-Marc

Do you corrugate one end of the pipe to use the kencraft fittings (after the fitting) ?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

No idea, sorry. At one point they sold heavy gauge snaplock pipe though I didn't see it listed now. Anyway, that would have had one end crimped.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It seems like there's not a whole lot of difference between many of them. (Except pen state that seems to be out of everything) I'm hoping to find a local place to deal with. This is one of those projects that never ends. Well actually it never begins. I'll think about it for a while, get frustrated, and then move on only to repeat the process in another 6 months. Maybe this time I'll finish it up and be done with it.
-Marc

Their fittings said one end was corrugated. I know the spiral pipe I have is female female. I guess maybe an adapter is needed?

Sure make me want to do PVC but man its seems hard to get a 8" main line in PVC. Id like 8" main trunk and 6" drops. I have a bunch of metal already sourced so Id like to stick with it.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.