Eggbeater helps solve its storage
The eggbeater drill stands out in the world of handtools. Gizmosity is off the scale. It is fun to watch it in action. It is fun to use it. Who can pick one up without turning the crank? Some of them have the added cool feature of a hollow handle for bit storage.

Storage, however, can be a problem. Most eggbeaters fit well into tool boxes but not on pegboard. My shop has lots of pegboard because I like to grab tools and put them to work immediately. Long ago I found out that the clever appeal of our lowly eggbeater drill did not have to stop at storage time.

OK. It's a shop and you have a peg or a nail.
You have lots of old coathangers hanging around in your closet.
The eggbeater has a chuck.

WHAM! Cut a length of coathanger wire, bend a loop into one end, chuck it into the eggbeater, and then hang it on your peg of choice.

[mike drop]
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Thanks. I'm going to borrow you're idea. It might not work if the collection looked like Marv's, but I only have a couple of them and this definitely looks quick and easy. Here are a couple of pictures of Marv's setup from a while ago:

Steve
I take twine, make a loop in both ends, pass the twine through the loop on one end so it makes a kind of noose, put that around the drill below the chuck, then hang the other loop over a nail.

It works for braces, too, where I generally put the noose over the knob at the back.

I will not mention how many such lengths of twine I have, supporting how many eggbeaters and braces, for fear that someone very important in my life will somehow find out and ask, "why?"
+1 ........ That is a great idea, I have a couple that won't fit in my tool cabinet, I use 3/4" plywood in lieu of pegboard so a couple screws will work nicely in that.

Yeah Marv's set up is insane, I drool every time is eee that. Wonder how he stors his saw's.?

Steve
Bill_Houghton said:

I take twine, make a loop in both ends, pass the twine through the loop on one end so it makes a kind of noose, put that around the drill below the chuck, then hang the other loop over a nail.

It works for braces, too, where I generally put the noose over the knob at the back.

I will not mention how many such lengths of twine I have, supporting how many eggbeaters and braces, for fear that someone very important in my life will somehow find out and ask, "why?"

"Honey, we're out of butcher's twine again. Those modern spools just don't seem to hold much."
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Bill_Houghton said:

When googling me my wife has turned up comments I've made on woodnet, so caution is prudent.
Chuck Nickerson said:

When googling me my wife has turned up comments I've made on woodnet, so caution is prudent.

On the other hand, it's nice that she's still such a fan that she's looking you up on Google and not wasting her time looking to see what George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, and all those other guys are doing.