Grandpa's Tools
A friend has been telling me about his Grandpa's tool box for a few years now and I finally got to go see them.

I picked out a little box of chisels and planes.

I did some research on the chisels last night and was impressed
Almost a full set if sizes.

I have to go back for another look at some stuff I passed up on.
For The Love Of Wood
Grandpa knew how to buy tools.
Your friend shouldn't let those leave the family, but, as long as he is, good that you're standing there, ready to introduce them to a new family.
He knew how to take care of tools too...they have been sitting in a basement in his tool boxes for years and they have very little rust, almost perfect japaning and they are decently sharp.

The grandson that has them will never ever use them and the rest of the family has no interest either.
For The Love Of Wood
The Berg chisels are super sweet. You couldn't of asked for a better vintage chisel but you probably already know this. I love vintage chisels....

+1 ......... that looked like a nice assortment of tools, are you going to jump on these ?

Steve
Nothing wrong with sending those tools to someone who is going to use them. I'd much rather have my tools given away to a woodworker rather than sit in my grandkid's basement in a box.