Finally got clamps mounted
Got the clamps mounted on the wall. Now they're organized. Trying to decide whether to mount cabinet sides and doors. Thoughts?

Excuse the mess, still working on the woodshop and things
Quote:

Excuse the mess, still working on the woodshop and things are scattered.

Mine ever looked that good LOML would check me for a fever
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Yeah, I'm of the trash can storage school of thought. I know me, and those clamps way up on that wall would likely never get put away once I had to climb a ladder to get them down, sure look pretty though
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
What do you build to need so many of those clamp? Looks more like a store that sells clamps than a shop. And yes, I'm jealous, of both your shop and all those clamps.

John
That looks great, IMO. I don't think they'll be too hard to dismount and mount. As far as wall cabinets go, only you will know for sure based on what you need to store and your shop layout. I will say, getting anything you can up and off the floor is very nice, IMO. Clean up for one is much easier.

I recently got all of my scattered cabinet masters and Bessy's off the floor and wall mounted. I don't know why I waited so long. I had tripped on my last clamp and nothing was going to take precedence over making simple wall racks. To my surprise, I had surmised 40 Bessy and Jorgy parallel jaw clamps. I've been picking up clamps here and there for the past 10 years whenever I ran across them cheap.....like $10 each cheap. I will probably never need them all but if I do, I have them. If I don't, I'll never get hurt financially on them. Good clamps are never hard to get rid of if needed.....but you do have a lot of clamps!

I like it.

Now you need a library ladder.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I would have no idea what to do with that many clamps.
But, but, you can never have too many clamps!

I've got quite a collection as well, from back in the days of the "clamp sales".

To the OP, your rack is impressive, can you show a close up of how the clamps are placed on the rack? I need ideas to build one myself, and I can't see the details in your picture.

Thanks!

Martin
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
You are going to be hating life if you have to climb a ladder every time you need a clamp. Believe me.
Herb G said:

You are going to be hating life if you have to climb a ladder every time you need a clamp. Believe me.

I can reach the bottom of the clamps using a stepstool.

jteneyck said:

What do you build to need so many of those clamp? Looks more like a store that sells clamps than a shop. And yes, I'm jealous, of both your shop and all those clamps.

John

I need clamps for building cabinets and furniture. I've used up to 80 clamps at one time.

Mr_Mike said:

I like it.

Now you need a library ladder.

You're right but not for the clamps. I'm thinking about building one to access the storage chubby hole over the bath and over the tool cabinets.

quote:Martin S.]

To the OP, your rack is impressive, can you show a close up of how the clamps are placed on the rack? I need ideas to build one myself, and I can't see the details in your picture.

Thanks!

[Martin

[/blockquote]
Martin, I used a clamp rack from Peachtree Woodworking.