Finally got clamps mounted
They look great to me. Good job.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

00lightning said:

...Trying to decide whether to mount cabinet sides and doors. Thoughts?

If I understand your question about cabinets and sides and doors, your thinking about enclosing the clamp space? If it were me, I wouldn't.

I have a clamp wall for mine. I think enclosing them might make the place look neater, but there are times for me that I'm in the middle of something, and I need that clamp quickly. Doors would only be in the way for me.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
WxMan said:

If I understand your question about cabinets and sides and doors, your thinking about enclosing the clamp space? If it were me, I wouldn't.
I have a clamp wall for mine. I think enclosing them might make the place look neater, but there are times for me that I'm in the middle of something, and I need that clamp quickly. Doors would only be in the way for me.

That's exactly why I'm considering enclosing the clamps. I don't like the look of clutter.
00-

Thanks for the tip on the rack.

I was going to make one out of wood, but yours looks much faster.

I'll look at the Peachtree website.

Thanks,

Martin
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
I like this one for space saving and less clutter.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

BloomingtonMike said:

I had something similar to that in my old shop (2 car garage) where wall space was at an extreme minimum.
00lightning said:

[blockquote]WxMan said:

That's exactly why I'm considering enclosing the clamps. I don't like the look of clutter.

[/blockquote]

That doesn't look like clutter to me, it is shop art. I wouldn't cover the clamps, they want to be seen.
00lightning said:

Nicely done.
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
BloomingtonMike said:

I built something very similar to that but made with solid plywood and somewhat enclosed boxlike. That opens up and has two layers of clamps. Unfortunately it is in my house 1000 miles from where I live now. It holds a lot of clamps for the wall space.

I have created a wall mounted clamp that came from a design I found in a book years ago. The clamp is a U shaped made from plywood. The back part of the wall is 6 inches or so and the bottom part of the "U" is 4" long and the part opposite of the wall is short maybe 3" or so and has a bevel of 20 degrees or so angled towards the back of the clamp. It holds a ton of clamps, not as many as the multilayered hinged one. Photos to follow.
A carpenter's house is never done.
I wish I had room for so many clamps I needed rolling scaffolding to access them all.

00lightning said:

Got the clamps mounted on the wall. Now they're organized. Trying to decide whether to mount cabinet sides and doors. Thoughts?

Excuse the mess, still working on the woodshop and things

A carpenter's house is never done.