A Few New Toys
I was going at this with a utility knife, gouge and spokeshave and finally threw in the towel. Made a trip to Lee Valley and progress accelerated immediately. If you can guess what that mangled piece of Hawthorne is going to become, I must be doing something right.

True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
I wish I could 'just make a run to Lee Valley'. I'm jealous, and I'm likely to remain so until Rob acquiesces to my repetitive requests to open the first Lee Valley store of the U.S. here in Kansas City, right in the middle of the nation, where it is convenient to everyone.

As for a guess, a rudder? A chair armrest?
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

Alas, I have failed miserably. Or we could blame the camera angle. It's a kitchen stirring device, otherwise known as a spoon.

And I do hope you get your Lee Valley one day.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Shouldn't you be using green wood? That would be so much easier.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Darn! I thought it was the armrest for an Adirondack chair.

Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

I wish I could 'just make a run to Lee Valley'. I'm jealous, and I'm likely to remain so until Rob acquiesces to my repetitive requests to open the first Lee Valley store of the U.S. here in Kansas City, right in the middle of the nation, where it is convenient to everyone.

I think you meant to say Cincinnati, Greg.

I think you meant to say Cincinnati, Greg.

[/blockquote]

No I think he meant to say Orlando, Fl after all we do get a lot of visitors / tourists here.

Steve
Or, how about LA/Long Beach - the ex-im center of the USA.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Have a handled knife just like that, believe it to "Nora"? Got it from Amazon for maybe $10 US or so. Carbon steel and takes a deadly sharp edge with just a few strop strokes. Bought a second to prepare for when I lose the first!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Mora. Swedish. Yes.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.