Saw sets
On the rusthunt I found a Stanley 720 1/4" chisel, having more less agreed to pay $15 for the box which had the chisel in amongst bits for brace , he added more content. four saw sets and a reamer One saw set looked like this saw set Anyone have any Idea who made it or for that matter a web page on saw sets ?
A man of foolish pursuits
I can't remember the maker, off hand, but I have one. Just because.
BontzSawWorks.net
I have an old Stearns saw-set that looks like that. I haven't detailed it out too well, so it's mainly used for lower-ppi saws in my case.
Chris
Web site for saw sets:

http://members.acmenet.net/~con12a/saw%2...plier1.htm

Tim
EC Steans# 795B

I've got one like it and it's got a "2" cast on the lower inside rear handle. Not sure what the 2 designates.
Thank you for the information. So the throw ins were two Morills and two E.C.Steans. I already had a Stanley 42SS,a brass Eclipse and a Somax but still no 42X. The rusthunt continues .

There were 20 bits, none of which were Irwins I found odd, but one was a Swedish C.I.Fall . In my rusthunting, on the ones I can read the brand, I'm finding quite a number of different manufacturers and styles.
A man of foolish pursuits