Instagram
Hello all: I don't know how many of you do instagram, but I wanted to point out a few of it's benefits. I had a minimal website up for 5 or 6 years and it was beginning to cost real money to have it up. It was mainly old work and to keep it current would have required quite a bit of time($$$). So I took it down in favor of instagram, which is largely done with a smart phone if you don't know. Snap a picture of what your working on and a few clicks put it up on the web, at no cost, and it's current. I think the best benefit is that it keeps a record for you and the people who follow you of your work and thoughts(you can add comments). My instagram handle is Herebrooks, big surprise!!! Not everything is work related, sometimes just fun stuff, but looking at my page, you can quickly pick out the woody things.
I get so much inspiration from Instagram. Lots of woodworking there doing all sorts of different stuff. Really liking some of the mixes of wood and metal.

My handle is jfschoon

Lots easier to post pictures there then to post them here.

Oh and they have #handtoolthursday
I don't mean to suggest abandoning woodnet in favor of instagram, it serves a great function beyond pictures.
I love the woodworking and making community on Instagram. I have made several online friends through Instagram. I get lots of inspiration from there as well. I like the search function and searching the woodworking (and others) hashtag.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
Is there an App that allows uploading photos? I see apps that edit already uploaded photos, but none that upload. Are photos only uploaded via computer?

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
It's basically all done with your smartphone. After you load the app and click on it, you'll see a blue button at the bottom of the screen. Click it, you'll be able to pick up a picture from your camera role. I'm not the best person to describe the process as I'm new to it, but after you get on to it, it's pretty simple and fast. You can view things on the computer but to add pics, I believe it must be done on your phone. Maybe someone here can explain it better.
Joel,
need phone or tablet to upload pics. I use an ipad or my android phone. I follow on my computer though, images are larger and easier to see.
Mike
Semper Audere!
Herebrooks said:

I don't mean to suggest abandoning woodnet in favor of instagram, it serves a great function beyond pictures.

I am still here, just if I am not posting as many pics as I used to, it is because I am getting lazy, or too many other endeavors taking up time.
Thanks for the clarification guys. It looks like a great site to see lots of topics - but obviously woodworking is the main one.

I found several people I know there posting pics. Great!

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!