John McAlister
John McAlister passed away this morning. He was Cartouche winner and his family foundation provided the funds to establish the educational fund at SAPFM. A true gentleman by all accounts.

http://www.sapfm.org/
I had the privilege of meeting John when a member of the Charlotte Woodworkers club circa 1996-2002. A true gentleman, great craftsman. He gladly shared his knowledge, in fact, plans for his amazing work can be found on the club's website. I am saddened by the news. RIP
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Sad to hear. I connected with John about 20 yrs ago after seeing a picture of one of his grandfather clocks on line. I sent him a note about his clock and that began a wonderful on line relationship. I was thinking about building a clock but was hesitant as this was a ambitious task for a novice woodworker. He was very generous with his time and even send me copies of his plans. I took me three years to finish that clock and it still stands in my living room (I even made 5 more) Although he lives in NC, we got to meet when he was visiting family in Boston. He was a wonderful man and a woodworking inspiration.