PSA on tape measure
If you are like me, you probably have carpenter's tape measures all over the place. I always need one and have therefore strategically stashed them throughout the place. Thought I had it covered. Then I was at the box store last week and noticed that the associate had a tape that was marked in 1/16 increments (usual) but was labeled in 1/8's (unusual). Of course I had to have that one also.

SO--if you think ww technology is standing still, go look for one of these. It is a handy thing to have around. If you already have one, then I will go back to napping and pledge to get out more often.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I have several myself. One is even divided into surveying tenths of a foot. My apron is a pair of jeans with functioning pockets, so the tool must fit, or I wander looking.

But when building something, smaller than a room, I pick one tape and stay with it; and pick one combo square to use for the fine-tuned stuff. None of my tapes read the same distance.

Other than that, attrition seems to shake out the better, and readable, users.
Several of the FastCap tape measures are marked off in 8ths. Easy to read against a white background, too. I especially like their flat story pole tape measure. One side of the tape measure is blank and you can mark in pencil on it. Makes it easy to transfer measurements when the original is an odd length.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have the FastCap Story pole and it is definitely my go to tape. It is marked down to 16ths, has plenty of space to write on and they have great customer service.
Chris

I hold to the hillbilly standard that there is no situation so hopeless that, through perseverance, I cannot make worse.