Screwdriver handle
Can anyone tell me why the hole is in the handle of this screwdriver handle. My brother sent it to me and I told him I would ask woodnet.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Don
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

You stick a rod through it to gain leverage, which is everything in screwing......what?......
Must be to know when your screws are clocked when you can't see the tops of the screws. Which begs the age-old question - if the tops of your screws can't be seen, so they still need to be clocked?

My question is how someone drilled that hole with the end of the shaft in the way.

Always fun to try to figure out a puzzle.

Steve
A really big termite.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Hang hole. Every old tool needs one, and most have one.
The screwdriver seems to have a "spike" in the hole... Perhaps it's purpose was to be used as a wire stripper?... Electrician's screwdriver?