Blosch GCM12SD "gliding" miter saw
UPDATE

Thanks for the replies.

The problem was not electrical. Rather, what is known as "Operator Error". As I continued to use the saw, the blade would stop in the cut.

I tightened the blade, the electric brake works and so does the saw!

I am embarrassed.

When the blade is tight it is a good saw!

tom

Having trouble with my Bosch miter saw. Probably makes no difference, but the model is the 12 in "glider" saw that does not require standoff form a wall.

This post is my first effort for a cause and solution, as I have not found manufacturer's CS to be useful. To the contrary on this site.

It is supposed to have an electric brake that stops the blade in 5 sec. The blade continues to spin down and sounds like it is downshifting a transmission.

Also on start up the blade spins as several seconds at half power then accelerates to full power.

This saw is about 18 mo old (probably outside the warranty, if any) but has had limited hobbyist use.

Suggestions or solutions?

tom
Are the brushes arcing badly? Could also be the switch. I think the switch shorts the field, which brakes the motor.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Those symptoms are usually a switch issue and bosch has allot of issues with switches in their tools dating back for a few decades. I like allot of their tools but not their switches.