Working on replacement totes
A few months ago, a kindly Woodnetter hooked me up with a pair of replacement totes he made. They are cherry and arrived about 90% complete. Great price and he did all the hard work. I got out the sander today to work on the chair project and thought I would have a go at the totes.

Since this is the handtool forum, I will add a few tips known only to power tool workers. First--It is important to use the right adaptor when connecting your dust collection system.
As you can see, I used the "silver" adaptor.

The touch up work went quickly. Now I am down to hand sanding and fitting.

It is almost time to visit the boneyard and find some tote-less prospects.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Duct tape solves a lot of problems. Right up there with parachute cord and bailing wire.
My Shop Vac hose, fits right on my Griz sander. But, there's nothing wrong with using the silver adapter.
Phil S. said:

Duct tape solves a lot of problems. Right up there with parachute cord and bailing wire.

you got that right !

Steve
Silver adapter or universal adapter?
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
What do the FORCE and Duct Tape have in common?

They both have a light side and they both have a dark side.
They both hold the universe together.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Window Guy said:

[blockquote]Phil S. said:

You left out one old time fix-all: well-chewed Black Jack chewing gum. I think at one time (around the '50's) it held together half of the broken things in our house.

I only did that once. I was riding with dad down a gravel road that was being reshaped and had a windrow of gravel down the center. Pa straddled the pile of gravel and we were clipping right along until we came to a rock buried in the gravel. Pa pulled over to check for damage and sure enough the rock had holed the gas tank. I had to cough up my wad of Double Bubble for an emergency patch until we could get back to town.