Debarking some fresh Oak
Picked up a few planks of green Oak from a local sawmill. There was some bark on it and I wanted it gone before stacking it. A few years ago I bought a 3" slick, thinking it would be useful on a timberframng project. I didn't like the small cheesy handle so I made a nice big one. Now the tool is 38" long and formidable. It didn't work out on the timber framing project. Bummer. But it works great to remove thick bark.
You could dig up really big dandelions with that thing!
Seems like someone posted about doing the same thing with a spud or a floor scraper. They had a funny name for it though.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
You could also try a drawknife. One with a straight blade.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Axehandle said:

Seems like someone posted about doing the same thing with a spud or a floor scraper. They had a funny name for it though.

I think you mean a Mutt -

No - not that one. This one -

And I thought our mutt was ugly! That girl needs to go to Gene Juarez for some electrolysis.
Somebody loves her. Maybe a little too much the way her belly is resting on the ground.