Rocking chair seat gets trammeled
The working trammel sets in my shop outnumber the pencils even though the pencils put up a good fight. It is easier to match the length of the beam with the project at hand, so there are short trammels, medium trammels, and long trammels. Since I am working on the chair seat, I need a long trammel. Here it is in action. I clamped up the old seat and took a measurement from point to point.

Then I went to the chair and measured the location for the seat. The measurement matched the seat. It is a tight fit.

So then I knew that the old reconstructed seat would fit tightly in its old location. How about the replacement seat? Let's ask Mr Trammel.

Whups! Mr. Trammel says the new seat is too big. I looked at the piece and indeed the ear is too fat. I trimmed the ear and measured again but it was still too fat. I trimmed the side piece and measured again.

Woo-hoo! Now the new seat is spot on from front to back. I will test fit the front and back pieces and trim them if necessary.

This north Florida day will be a scorching 95 and that cut my shop time short at 10:30. With sweat dripping, I left the mess to another day. Even with a short 90 minute session, nothing beats a day in the shop.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Nicely done Jim, I know what you mean about getting in the shop early. This last week or so has been brutal. However I am trying to make up for a lot of lost shop time for about a year. So like you say 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day is welcomed, it is about all I can do right now anyway as I am still recouping.

The problem is I have so many projects to do and the latest my Daughter wants me to make some picture frames for the awards and certificates the Grandchildren have gotten

Steve
Nicely done Jim, I know what you mean about getting in the shop early. This last week or so has been brutal. However I am trying to make up for a lot of lost shop time for about a year. So like you say 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day is welcomed, it is about all I can do right now anyway as I am still recuping.

Steve
Working in the shop is the best rehab I know. You get a workout and have fun at the same time. Good luck making shavings.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
You are so right ,thank you.

Steve
Window Guy said:

Nicely done Jim, I know what you mean about getting in the shop early. This last week or so has been brutal. However I am trying to make up for a lot of lost shop time for about a year. So like you say 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day is welcomed, it is about all I can do right now anyway as I am still recuping.

Steve

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Anthony Trollope