Pony gone?!
Well thats a bummer. Hate to see an American co. close its doors.

Some years back I added to my clamp collection, buying about 80 of the heavy duty F-clamps, plus several of the 36" heavy bar clamps. Glad I did
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Now that the Schwarz has mentioned Pony is gone I bet the price of used ones will go way up.

carl
Carl Grover said:

Now that the Schwarz has mentioned Pony is gone I bet the price of used ones will go way up.

I'm sure, I have several of the wood hand screws ( which I like ) and a few pipe clamps. Never tried their Bessie knockoff's.

Steve

carl

Other than their pipe clamps, I was never a fan. I'm a Bessey guy.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I noticed a number of years back that HD stopped carrying the clamps. Maybe the profit margin wasn't there?
Carl Grover said:

carl

Since you can never have enough clamps I won't be selling any. I don't think you're going to see a big jump in the used clamp business.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
I hope that someone continues to produce the Jorgenson wooden screw clamps. They are a timeless design. I have about a dozen in my shop of various sizes and use them nearly every day. It is unbelievable how versatile they are.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
enjuneer said:

I hope that someone continues to produce the Jorgenson wooden screw clamps. They are a timeless design. I have about a dozen in my shop of various sizes and use them nearly every day. It is unbelievable how versatile they are.

Yep, same here. I buy all I can on Craigslist and local classifieds. I have some from Rockler, they are ok but not as good. I have 4 from Craftsman from about 25 years ago, again, they work, but not as good. When HD had them on clearance, I bought several as long they were made in USA, not China. The same went for the F clamps. I now have several of each, never enough, I have even taught my wife that,
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry