11 Hours
and 325 sqft of flooring. Well 10 if you don't count lunch and a trip to HD. about 90sqft down the hall and some into the new room had to be put in in reverse, since I was continuing the existing flooring into the new space. It's posslble to do, its just a bit tricky. I didn't want a transition strip in the hall where the existin stopped. I also had to weave into the existing, and all my rip cuts - the hall had about 45' of them had to be done with my jigsaw. While I was undercutting some door jambs some of the magic smoke leaked out of my HF multit-tool along the way but I had a spare one. What I didn't have was a replacement blade that fit, the set I bought last month is a Dremel brand but wasn't the universal.
Then the wife comes home and mentions it is the wrong color.

Nope. She ordered it, same flooring as what was already there.
Wasn't this a new house that you seem to be rebuilding?
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

It's unfinished space that I'm finishing out. We left part of the upstairs unfinished. Having the builder do it probably wouldn't have increased the mortgage all that much, but at the time we weren't sure what we'd want it to be.
I have to tell you that doing flooring made me feel the Fein was not only worth the money but a bargain. I had to cut the bottom of this oak face
and it took time I was thinking if the tool was going to smoke it would

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

crokett™ said:

It's unfinished space that I'm finishing out. We left part of the upstairs unfinished. Having the builder do it probably wouldn't have increased the mortgage all that much, but at the time we weren't sure what we'd want it to be.

I know of older houses that didn't have the upstairs finished. Didn't know people still did that. It makes a lot of sense.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Well the only reason I had 2 HF multitools was because after the move I couldn't find my original. Of course after I bought another a few months ago I found that one while looking for something else... The older one I bought in 2009 and it's still going strong, through several projects at the old house. It's physically bigger, I think with a bigger motor so that might be the difference.
I didn't mean anything by it just saying the Fein worked great. It is a tool I had never considered until I needed it for a project and seems every time I reach for it I am not disappointed
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Pic?

I haven't had the nerve to do a traditional hardwood floor on my own. Vinyl plank? Yes. Laminate? Yes. Engineered hardwood? Yes. But real hardwood? No.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")