Craig's List Fine Woodworking for Free
On the local Craig's list:
Quote:

Free to a good home - most of the first two hundred issues of Fine Woodworking magazine. Here's what I have and here is what I need you to take all or none of: Issues from #26 through #205 with a few issues in this group missing. Those missing would be: #1-25, 101, 191, 192, 198. These are in very, very good condition and I will leave in the file cabinet until you can look at them but then we can put them in boxes for transport. I know these are actually collectible but I got them for free and wish to pass them on. Please let me know if you're interested and thanks for reading this listing!

So I took them off his hands. He wasn't exaggerating about the condition; hard to tell they are not new and all sorted in order. So now I will fill out my collection as I probably already had 75 or so. Same day I picked up a Veritas twin screw vise, NIB, on Craig's List for $100.
I'm not so sure they are "collectible" as much anymore, considering you can get the whole collection (with the missing copies as well) on DVD for $99. Hard to argue with a deal that's free, though. My wife is starting to complain I have too many hard copies of my ww mags all over the house, so I'm starting to purchase digitized media. I can print what I need, and they usually come with a searchable index. Makes finding stuff a lot easier.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Yup - I'm thinking of going in that direction; get the archive DVD 1975-2015 edition and free up some shelf space. Barnes and Noble has the DVD for a little less than $65.
Such a good deal on the mags. I prefer the hardcopies to pdfs and space isn't issue for me. But, yes some of the digital mags are searchable. Second-hand digital DVDs (not bootlegs) can be had for 50% or even less.

Simon
three comments and no one has offered the obligatory "YOU SUCK!!!" for the vise score. NICE!
I'll do it. You suck!

I much prefer to browse through printed material while enjoying a cold beverage than argue with an electronic device.

Ed
Something rather surprising was the place I went to for the vice. The fellow literally lived in a shack, and a mobile home shack at that. When I asked if he had any other tools he was selling he took me down the hill to another shack - his shop. Inside was a collection of high end stuff, probably $10,000 of it. Powermatic table saw and long bed jointer, big Delta floor model planner, etc. Two rooms full but he had no planes or anything I needed that was for sale.
HomerLee said:

On the local Craig's list:
[blockquote]Quote:

Free to a good home - most of the first two hundred issues of Fine Woodworking magazine. Here's what I have and here is what I need you to take all or none of: Issues from #26 through #205 with a few issues in this group missing. Those missing would be: #1-25, 101, 191, 192, 198. These are in very, very good condition and I will leave in the file cabinet until you can look at them but then we can put them in boxes for transport. I know these are actually collectible but I got them for free and wish to pass them on. Please let me know if you're interested and thanks for reading this listing!

So I took them off his hands. He wasn't exaggerating about the condition; hard to tell they are not new and all sorted in order. So now I will fill out my collection as I probably already had 75 or so. Same day I picked up a Veritas twin screw vise, NIB, on Craig's List for $100.

[/blockquote]

I've got a similar collection that I would trade in a heartbeat for a copy of the compendium on DVD.
chris