General Finishes - Hi Perf & Endurovar
I know Endurovar brushes well - does Hi Perf?

Endurovar ambers - does the ambering increase with each coat? Does it still amber over "coats" of shellac?

Does Hi-Perf obscure grain?

I'm planning on using for the following: Walnut veneer ply used as an office counter top and curly soft maple for bookshelves and hanging cabinets.

What is the once opened shelf life of both products?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
cputnam said:

I know Endurovar brushes well - does Hi Perf? Yes, beautifully.

Endurovar ambers - does the ambering increase with each coat? Yes, but not a lot. However, it will start to get cloudy if you apply more than 3 or 4 coats. I recommend 2 or 3 coats, max. Does it still amber over "coats" of shellac? Yes, it's independent of what you put it over.

Does Hi-Perf obscure grain? Not unless you put on way too many coats. With anything up to at least 4 coats it's dead clear.

I'm planning on using for the following: Walnut veneer ply used as an office counter top and curly soft maple for bookshelves and hanging cabinets.

What is the once opened shelf life of both products? The stated shelf life is one year. I've used partially opened cans much older than that w/o problems. Sometimes, you'll get some rust on the lip of the can that falls into the finish. Just strain it out and it's good.

John
Was hoping you;d pipe up - thanks John.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard