Suggestions for an animal control problem..
Put the radio on country and he will probably commit suicide.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
We kinda went through some of this earlier..no idea why they are on the deck, unless it's rummaging in the 2 lily ponds that are there searching for the frogs that are in them. The coke/fly bait thing was also mentioned is is one of the tricks n my arsenal. I did get a live trap, but maybe it's too small...something keeps taking the bait without setting it off. Didn't really want to trap them anyhow....they either go away or die.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Without knowing what kind of pest you are dealing with, it's hard to say. They apparently think there is something up there worth interest - grill with food smells maybe? Two things I would suggest:

- trap, but you need to know size and bait
- go to a sporting goods store (Dicks, Gander, etc.) and pick up coyote urine, spread it around. It will scare off almost everything (except coyotes). You need something to "mark" the territory that is frightening to the pest.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(07-19-2016, 09:00 AM)clovishound Wrote: Put the radio on country and he will probably commit suicide.

That will probably kill me as well. (darn, where is that laughing emoji????)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
If a coon ghost peppers dipped in chocolate will work. Might want to keep your windows closed though. The loud screams will wake you otherwise. Not sure if other critters would take a bite out of that or not
(04-08-2021, 09:43 AM)proctor37 Wrote: That's a good joke about putting the radio on the country. You can also try putting Justin Bieber's songs. I'm sure that will work.

Smammer re-opening an old thread has been dispatched....

Laugh
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Raccoons had virtually disappeared from the landscape when I was a child in the 1950s - 1960s.  Then towns across the island passed noise abatement laws that mandated that trashcans be made from plastic instead of galvanized steel. 

At that point, a generous supply of food became available to the raccoons and they began to thrive. 

Unintended consequences.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.