Miter Box has a Cracked Base
A while back I bought a Langdon 74C from Walt. I knew it needed some work, but I had to shelve it for a while and now I find I need to sell it off (it's too big for my current space). Problem: There's a crack in the round part of the base behind the angle scale. The other thing I noticed was the saw tote also has a crack in it (really not my day with this thing). I'm guessing this Langdon is now parts, yes?
Jason

Probably. Did you have the tool shipped to you? I ask because miter boxes are very difficult to ship because of the risk of breaking. The area where yours is cracked is the vulnerable part. I learned the hard way that the center of the box must be reinforced with a board clamped securely across the the casting from end to end.
Post pics of the cracked area. I don't think I have a 74, but I do have a few parts for a variety of miter boxes.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
JB Weld can be your friend