Someone please explain
why I have over 70 assorted hammers and mallets, etc. They are starting to demand their own building.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Contact these folks for advice -

http://www.hammermuseum.org/

I think they might have a 12 step program.
Don't ask me. I have a similar love affair with files and rasps. I usually buy them in lots of 12 (or 50). At last count, they have taken over a fourth drawer in my shop.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
blackhat said:

why I have over 70 assorted hammers and mallets, etc. They are starting to demand their own building.

That's what I call a good start.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I'm pretty sure wives worldwide are starting up TA for those of us they feel need a 12 step program.

Hi I'm George. I have a tool addiction.............
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
It matters not what tool I get, they breed. It could be hammer and plane. Rasps and chisels. Saws and rules. But the worst are those indescriminate breeders, the plumb bob family. First they confined themselves to just in-breeding, then they affected all others.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Because you're a kind-hearted man and would not want to go into the shop and hear your hammers/mallets crying from loneliness.
Tony Z said:

It matters not what tool I get, they breed. . . . . But the worst are those indescriminate breeders, the plumb bob family. First they confined themselves to just in-breeding, then they affected all others.

You got a General 800?

<shameless drive by advert>
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I just put 13 Cheney's in a drawer to get them out of my sight. Others will be sorted tomorrow.

Welcome to the club!

r2
Maybe they are like wire coat hangers. Wire coat hangers are an immature form of a colony life form. You start with one or two and then there are more and more of them. Suddenly most disappear and suddenly there's a bicycle in the attic…
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes