A promise kept....
Hi -

I said I'd post pictures of the first pre-production large plow planes, so here are a few views of one of the first three made.

While I can't go into a ton of detail on what will/will not be part of the production release, I can guarantee a couple of surprises.

I should also point out, that few people within the company have seen the actual planes, or have any details about function, pricing, or dates .... they'll be seeing it here for the first time too.

Our plan is to have production available early fall 2017. There's a lot of tooling on this one, and we start the pattern work in about six weeks time, when the design is locked down. If we can do it faster, we will. I also anticipate setting a pre-order price for this one (it's nice to have a "bump" in sales to offset the capital outlay!). Again - we will set this as soon as we are confident that our costing is correct.

So, without further ado (and adieu),

Rob

Wow!

I see some DNA from the #45, but the evolution and sophistication is stunning.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Sweet!

When can we pre-order?
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Rob Lee said:

few people within the company have seen the actual planes, or have any details about function, pricing, or dates .... they'll be seeing it here for the first time too.

So the rumor is true, that in the off season you hire Santa's elves to do your R&D, and pre-production prep work.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Sweet, that is a fine looking plow plane. I just sent my small plow in for the beading cutter re-hab. "Congratulations" I am sure this will be a big hit as well.

Steve
Thanks, Rob, it's a beauty!!!
NOTE TO MODERATORS: We need a drool emoticon here.

This is as close as I can get at the moment:

Rob, have y'all identified the range of profiles you'll offer with this plane?
Bill_Houghton said:

NOTE TO MODERATORS: We need a drool emoticon here.

This is as close as I can get at the moment:

Rob, have y'all identified the range of profiles you'll offer with this plane?

Hi Bill,

To start with, it will accept Stanley and Record blades. We'll make some additional blades too, but still working through those now...

Cheers,

Rob
That is one I think the guys and I would really like to get.

Would there be options on type of wood available for the tote and fence?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Wow, looks very nice Rob!